Sunday, June 6, 2010

I finished a book, think you should all read.

Monday Mourning: by Kathy Reichs

As you can see through my many other posts, I elaborate on what I read.
So I read a book and this it what I think:This book made me wish a lot of things. It made me hope, feel, believe and see new things that I never thought about before. Every book written by Kathy Reichs in her series each has its own meaning that I usually pick up easily. This book was different. Even long after I finished it, I continued to think about what the author was trying to say. This book made me think hard and while I was writing this I feel like now I can express it and elaborate more on her point she was trying to make during the book.

This book made me wish I could be as brave and courageous as Tempe (the main character). In all of her books she has to look death straight in the face. Sometimes she comes close to even experiencing death herself. She has to deal with the overwhelming feeling that the remains she worked on were once of people, living people that were so brutally murdered. Their life was cut short and she has to find out why.

This book made me realize that each year approximately 16,000 people each year have their life so barbarically taken from them. We lie, we cheat, and we steal. But the worst thing we can do is take the life another, regardless of why. I always knew that people died, and I always knew people were murdered. It’s the “why” that always bothered me. Is there really any good reason? That’s the thing, there shouldn’t be a reason.

This book made me decide that when I get older, and it’s my time to choose a profession, I’m going to become a forensic anthropologist. I may not be able to stop these horrid people from killing but at least I will be able to give the once living a name and help put their killer behind bars. It may not change the world, but it’ll help the one we live in be a little better, one murderer at a time.
This book made me feel so many emotions that are each so hard to describe. Most of the time I felt sadness and complete anger, sadness for the lives that were taken and anger towards those who had taken those lives. There is and will ever be an excuse to kill another in my opinion.

This book made me wonder if we have ever been truly peaceful. One would never know, we could go back in time but I find some sciences dig to deep instead of looking at what has always been in plain view. We killed, we kill and we will kill. Past, present and future this will always occur, and I will always feel the same way until proven otherwise.

This book made me see murder in a new way. I always knew everything I previously mentioned but know I see it deeper. Humans can’t be a higher intelligence. Yes we create; yes we utilize things that were never thought possible, but we fail to realize one thing. While we create and utilize, we destroy. We utilized a way to created money, which created greed, and with greed we destroyed the lives of many. We are not much smarter than our previous generations before us. Whatever we do, or create or utilize will always end up destroying something some way or another.

This book made me believe that people don’t change. In the book a murderer who was found guilty was let on parole. Not some twenty years later he killed once again. We like to believe that people can change, that is one of our flaws, but really people never change. Someone that has stolen will always have stolen. Even if he never does it again, they did it that one time. Same thing with a murderer that may have murdered only one time and then stop, but they can’t change what they have done. They can’t clear their name, ever. People may change physically but they will always be what they have done.

Lastly, this book made me hope that someday we will truly become what we a called now, a higher intelligence.

Let me know what you think...
i took time to think about this and now i want to hear what you think about it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and leave me an email if you want:
blueprintdazzle@gmail.com
(: